Patient Care and Obesity
Obesity can result from a combination of causes and contributing factors. Examples include age, genetics, lifestyle, activity, diet, medical problems, medications, socioeconomic issues, pregnancy, lack of sleep, and more. It also directly affects the care you give your patient.
Risks for people who carry too much weight
It is established that if a patient is overweight they are more likely to develop health problems, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Heart disease
- Breathing disorders
How can CoreLife assist you in your practice?
When PCPs identify overweight and obese individuals, CoreLife provides a trusted resource that previously did not exist. In addition, CoreLife identifies patients without a PCP or an undiagnosed condition that is then referred back to the PCP for further care and assessment. In this capacity, CoreLife acts as an additional touch-point for high risk patients and can help direct them back into the healthcare system for the care they need, often heading off a more serious diagnosis.
CoreLife has the focus, time, expertise and tools to treat obesity and its lifestyle and environmental factors; our care delivery system has shown to be more successful because we work in support of, rather than in lieu of, the partnering physicians to coordinate care and maximize patient outcomes.
- Working with the PCP as the central provider in the patient’s healthcare ecosystem
- Complementary to treatment by physicians, specialists and surgeons and is focused on coordinating care with you
- A community-based resource for BMI optimization & lifestyle modification
- A touch-point, mainly for high risk individuals
- Dedicated to spending the time, resources, and energy exclusively on weight
CoreLife is NOT:
- A primary care office
- A competitor to primary care
- Burdensome to the Physician in regards to time and focus
- Changing or altering existing medications
- Treating anything other than overweight and obesity issues
As a Primary Care Physician, you benefit from:
- A trusted resource for patients needing BMI optimization and lifestyle modification
- CoreLife identification of patients without a PCP
- Having more time to focus on high priority patient needs
- Improved community health
- Meeting population health initiatives and incentives