This salmon recipe is sure to wake up all your taste buds! Enjoy a restaurant style meal, at home in just a few simple steps!
- 3-4 Salmon steaks room temperature (4-6 ounce)
- 1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon bouillon powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Combine the onion, garlic, paprika, thyme,and bouillon powder.
- Brush salmon lightly with the oil, then season with salt and pepper, followed by the spice rub.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet pan over medium heat for about about 2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil making sure to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add salmon to pan skin side up.
- Sear for about 3 minutes, then flip and sear the other side another 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of salmon.
- Remove and serve with salad or side