Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from EatWell.com
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges for serving
Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder, and cumin in a small bowl.
Oil the grill rack or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling—season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, and brush with the chipotle glaze. Cook 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa), and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.