0 Hours 30 Minutes
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Light Mayo
For the salad:
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds, or about 10 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Take all the dressing ingredients and mix them in a bowl.
Chop red onion and soak in dressing for 10 minutes prior to mixing dressing with other ingredients. You can assemble the salad ingredients during this time.
Shred cabbage or you can buy premade slaw mix. Toss together all salad ingredients.
After onions have soaked in dressing for 10 mins you can combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. You can serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slaw will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Try making this lower-calorie holiday coleslaw recipe! Packed with delicious healthy veggies, this recipe will become a staple dish at your dinner table!
About 90 calories, 12.7 grams protein, 17.8 grams carb, 3.8 grams fiber