FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
- 2 cups whole wheat penne, cooked
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper, can sub. red, yellow, or green.
- 3/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted and chopped
- arugula, optional
FOR THE EASY ITALIAN DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
In a large bowl, combine the penne and chickpeas. Add the bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, onion, olives, and cheese. Toss together to combine.
To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake well for 30-60 seconds until well incorporated.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Optional: serve pasta salad over a bed of arugula or other leafy greens.