Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from the Mayo Clinic
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 large bell peppers, cut in half
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium-high heat. Add oil, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, celery, walnuts, garlic, and thyme. Reduce heat to medium after 2 minutes. Once vegetables are tender, add cooked quinoa, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet. Place 1/2 cup of the quinoa and vegetable mixture into each pepper half. Cover with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes until the peppers are cooked to your desired doneness.