Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from The American Heart Association
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak (about 1 1/2 inch thick), all visible fat discarded
- 4 medium peaches, halved
- 1 tablespoon canola or corn oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground, preferred
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups spinach, spring mix greens, arugula, kale, or other greens
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sliced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- Put the beef and peaches on a large platter. Using a basting brush, brush the oil over the beef and peaches. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the beef. Drizzle the honey over the peaches. Grill the beef for 8 to 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare doneness.
- Place the peaches on the grill with the cut side down. Grill the peaches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fork-tender. Let the beef stand for 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Arrange the greens on a large platter. Top with the grilled peach halves. Drizzle the peaches with vinegar. Sprinkle with the basil and feta. Serve with the beef.