Stuffed peppers are a great way to recycle your scrap vegetables from other meals, save on calories, and add more nutrients to your meal. Try making this delicious and creative dish recommended by RD Nick.
- 4-6 bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground meat
- 4 cups chopped or minced leftover veggies
- Any seasoning that you like
- Preheat the oven to 350F°.
- Cut the top off the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Combine the meat, veggies, and seasoning.
- Stuff peppers and place on an oven-safe plate.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temp is 165F°.
Nutrition facts: About 230 calories, 24 grams protein, 13 grams carb, 9 grams fiber