When you don’t feel like cooking but want to stay on track with a healthy meal, turn to this one dish dinner recipe! This flavorful rice, chicken, and vegetable dish cooks altogether, in one dish and is perfect for portion control and makes plenty to feed the whole family. Try this fool proof recipe tonight!
- One cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, juice and all
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 chicken legs
- 1-3 tsp. each salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the rice, water, and as much of the spices as you want in a 9×9 baking dish. Stir to make sure the rice is not clumped together. Add the vegetables to the dish, covering the rice.
- Season the chicken with the remaining seasoning and place on top of the veggies.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the rice is cooked, the water is absorbed and the internal temp of the chicken is 165F.
- If the rice in not yet cooked and there is no more water, add ¼ cup of water and cook until water has been absorbed.