Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from EatWell.com
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 ¼ pounds tilapia fillets (about 3 fillets), patted dry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced radishes (about 2 medium)
- 2 ½ tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ¼ cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Fresno chile, chopped
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir cumin, chipotle powder, paprika, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture evenly over both sides of the fish.
Add oil to the hot skillet; swirl to coat. Place the fish in the pan in an even layer; cook, flipping once, until it flakes easily with a fork and is completely opaque, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix and radishes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lime juice and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro, chile, and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl
- Flake the fish into bite-size chunks; divide among 8 tortillas. Top with the coleslaw mixture and avocado; drizzle evenly with the sauce. Serve immediately.