With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, this Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa will be the perfect addition to your celebration! May is also National Salsa Month, so be sure to celebrate every day of May with this salsa!
Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa is more than a delicious dip for chips or spicy topping on tacos. The blend of fresh veggies and herbs make for an easy way to give your body a dose of vitamins and minerals.
- This salsa contains sweet corn, which is rich in fiber and other micronutrients. Corn also contains beta-carotene, which our bodies convert into Vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for our immune systems and vision.
- Sweet cherry tomatoes also contain fiber and are rich in Vitamin C and potassium, just like bananas. Lycopene is the bright red carotenoid found in tomatoes. It is a powerful antioxidant that can help fight disease.
- Jalapeño peppers may help clear your sinuses with their spice! They’re also high in nutrients including: Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Manganese. Vitamin B6 is helps with brain development and function. Not only that, it’s also key in creating a strong immune system!
- Garlic contains Vitamin B6, Manganese, and Selenium. Manganese is needed for bone and cartilage development and helps with wound healing. Selenium has antioxidant properties that help reduce free radicals from damaging cells and DNA. Some studies show that garlic can also help reduce blood pressure. So, it’s even more beneficial for those with hypertension.
- Parsley, a leafy green herb, contains Vitamin K, which is important in blood clotting and many other functions throughout the body. For instance, it helps bind calcium in bones and other tissues.
Impress your friends or enjoy it for yourself – try making this healthy and delicious salsa recipe today!