Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from the Mayo Clinic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) of diced tomatoes with no added salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans with no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans with no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (fresh coriander)
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until soft and translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tofu, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and oregano. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro. Ladle into individual bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size 2 cups – Calories per serving 314, Protein 19g, Carbohydrate 46g, Fat 6g