Makes approximately 4 servings ⋅ Adapted from The Mayo Clinic
- 4 chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pound out each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness. Set aside. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder. Dip each chicken breast into the egg whites, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Lay fillets on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and internal temperature is 165 F. Top chicken with marinara and mozzarella cheese. Serve.
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size: 1 4 0z. chicken breast – Calories per serving: 393, Protein 36g, Carbohydrate 22g, Fat 17g