Learn step-by-step how to make this savory shrimp recipe that is surprisingly easy and quick to make. Full of flavor and packed with nutrients, this is a great way to incorporate a lean protein, carbs, and plenty of vegetables.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper, cumin, curry powder
- 2 cans (15 oz) diced, herbed tomatoes
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 pieces roasted garlic bread, toasted (any bread will work)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat with spices.
- Once the oil is hot and you can smell the spices add the onions and heat until softened, not burned.
- Once the onions are ready add the tomatoes and the spinach and bring to a simmer to wilt the spinach.
- Add the shrimp and make sure that they are submerged in the tomato sauce as best as you can.
- Simmer for 2-4 minutes until the shrimp are pink on each side and fully cooked. You may need to flip any that are not fully submerged.
- Serve ¼ of the shrimp and tomatoes on your toast, allowing the toast to soak up the tomato sauce.